REQ #: 17672 | Kennedy Space Center, FL
Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for an Aerospace Technician II located at the Kennedy Space Center in Merritt Island, FL. This full-time position provides technical support to various research and development laboratories at the Kennedy Space Center. This support includes inspection and maintenance of safety equipment, maintaining chemical inventories, coordinating removal of hazardous waste and expired chemicals, maintaining the laboratories inventory of supplies and consumables, and keeping the laboratory organized. Additional tasks may include replacing expired components on pressure systems, assembly of mechanical systems, soldering and wire termination in support of electrical system assembly, and occasional repair of inoperative equipment where practical. Work will be performed onsite at the Kennedy Space Center. This position may require occasional overtime, including weekend work, depending on the task. Shift work may be required.
LOCATION: Kennedy Space Center, Merritt Island, FL.
JOB STATUS: Full-time (30-40 hrs.)
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills):
- High school diploma or General Equivalence Diploma and completion of related technical training curriculum
- 7 Years of related experience.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: (U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants): None
EDUCATION: High school diploma or General Equivalence Diploma and completion of related technical training curriculum
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: 7 years of related experience (Experienced Non-Manager)
- Excellent communication, presentation, and customer interface skills required
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively in a team environment.
- Must be able to coordinate work between multiple project disciplines.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects without missing deadlines or sacrificing accuracy.
- Must be self-motivated, demonstrate initiative, and be able to work independently or with minimal supervision.
- Competent in using the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook) and SharePoint.
- Will be required to climb stairs to access equipment for troubleshooting.
- Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
- Physical requirements are sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
- Position may require daily travel to different areas on site and some occasional outside work.
- Walking on uneven terrain, including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand, is required to access various locations on the facility.
- Climbing ladders and platforms may be necessary.
- Keep safety equipment functioning properly and available when needed.
- Maintain chemical inventory so needed chemicals are available and not expired.
- Interacts with Lab Managers and scientists to address issues and concerns.
- Documents completed inspections and other maintenance tasks in Maximo work control system.
- Ensures calibrated equipment is removed from use and turned in for calibration when due.
- Trains more junior technicians on methods to perform tasks.
- Helps maintain laboratory procedures and work instructions related to safety and maintenance.
- Work on other related tasks as assigned.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Continuing education assistance
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday schedule
- Access to Kennedy Space Center on-site services, including the Child Development Center, Fitness Center, Barbershop, NASA Exchanges, Credit Union, and Kennedy Athletic, Recreation & Social (KARS) parks
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective, and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, Federal Aviation Administration, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and other Federal Agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates, and retains the most talented, skilled, and dedicated people in the industry, where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based on any legally protected characteristic, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or based on physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to perform the job available satisfactorily.