REQ #: 17263 | Eglin AFB, FL
Oasis has an exciting opportunity for an Aircraft Dynamics Engineer to join our SEMATS3 team at Eglin AFB, FL.
The Aircraft Dynamics Engineer shall support the Air Force Seek Eagle Evaluation of Compatibility and Technical Advisory process by contributing to modeling and simulation activities and evaluating aircraft/store configurations to determine aircraft dynamic response and stability characteristics. The work performed will directly support the Air Force Seek Eagle Program. The ideal candidate will be a strong team player with excellent communication skills accustomed to software development and finite element analysis methods. This position will require collaborative work as part of a larger team. Must be able to work directly with contractor and Government personnel in a mixed badge environment to accomplish aircraft/weapons compatibility certifications.
LOCATION: Eglin AFB, FL
JOB STATUS: Full-Time
TRAVEL: Travel may be up to 25%.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
- Due to the sensitivity of customer-related requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Aeronautical, Aerospace, or Mechanical Engineering is required.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- Working experience, internships, or graduate research projects that provided experience in aircraft stability and control or aircraft flight dynamics.
- Advanced thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and a candidate who takes ownership and pride in all work.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Travel may be up to 25%.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Secret (U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants)
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Aeronautical, Aerospace, or Mechanical Engineering is required.
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Master’s Degree.
- 2+ years of experience.
- Proficiency using finite element analysis tools such as NASTRAN.
- Experience operating in Linux/Unix environments using scripting languages (Windows, Python, Perl, etc.).
- Create, modify, and run computer simulation programs to perform linear, non-linear, dynamic, and aeroelastic analyses of aircraft structures.
- Conduct analyses, research data, run and edit computer simulation programs, and write justifications to support flight certification recommendations.
- Participate in airborne weapon systems development, integration, testing, and/or evaluation.
- Plan and monitor flight tests, reduce flight test data, and integrate ground and flight test data to determine dynamic response and aeroelastic stability flight limits.
- Produce and maintain simulation algorithms and codes developed specifically for aeroelastic simulations.
- Document analyses and write justifications to support compatibility recommendations.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefits packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) and a federally recognized holiday schedule.
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective, and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, Federal Aviation Administration, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and other Federal Agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates, and retains the most talented, skilled, and dedicated people in the industry, where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based on any legally protected characteristic, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or based on physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to perform the job available satisfactorily.