REQ #: 12886 | Burlington, MA
Oasis is looking for an Assistant Facility Security Officer (AFSO)to provide administrative support to aid in implementing security measures required by the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual “NISPOM,” 32CFR Part 117. This position will report to the Oasis Facility Security Officer (FSO) as a member of the HR Shared Services Team.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Functionally, the AFSO will:
- Build/Maintain personnel security folders for Oasis personnel.
- Update/maintain Excel spreadsheets related to security onboarding/offboarding, NATO briefings, and Common Access Card (CAC) requests.
- Review documents and confirm citizenship for new hires applying for a clearance.
- Get and maintain a Defense Information Security System (DISS) account.
- Using DISS to provide clearance status of potential new hires to Human Resources.
- Add new hire personnel in DISS that don’t have clearance but require one.
- Claim new hire personnel in DISS that already have a DoD clearance.
- Initiate initial and recurring investigations in DISS; submit inquiries in DISS.
- Work with new hire personnel to get required onboarding security documents.
- Indoctrinate cleared personnel in DISS upon receipt of required onboarding security documents (e.g., SF312, Insider Threat, initial security briefing).
- Submit Visit Authorization Requests (VARs) in DISS for government and Contractor facilities visits.
- Check DISS for personnel actions and notify personnel when required.
- Offboard employees in DISS upon termination from Oasis.
- Provide foreign travel briefings/debriefings to personnel before departure and upon return from foreign travel.
- Prepare and submit CAC requests.
- Review Personnel Security questionnaires [SF86s] and provide written feedback.
- Shred office documents at least monthly.
- Provide backup support and coverage for other Oasis FSOs.
- Perform other duties as required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
- Strong Administrative skills are required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook is required.
- Experience in a DOD contractor security office is desired.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Candidates should have 2 + years of experience
- Desire 1 year of experience working with JPAS/DISS
- Highly Desire some experience in Industrial Security
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET clearance.
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective, and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, Federal Aviation Administration, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and other Federal Agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates, and retains the most talented, skilled, and dedicated people in the industry, where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based on any legally protected characteristic, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or based on physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to perform the job available satisfactorily.