REQ #: 15831 | Wright-Patterson AFB (Dayton, OH)
Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Cybersecurity Engineer at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio. Within the AFLCMC/GB Business and Enterprise Systems Directorate (BES), the Commanders Resource Integration System (CRIS) is a read-only, multi-tier, relational data warehouse providing visibility into financial transactions across all echelons of the AF. The CRIS warehouse offers data from multiple legacy systems: Budget, Accounting, Supply, Fuels, Flying Hours, Civilian Pay, and Personnel. CRIS reduces the user’s data collection efforts, allowing more time to be spent on decision support. Approximately 8,000 users access data in the CRIS warehouse through the business intelligence tool or web application. The mission of CRIS is to deliver reliable, accurate, and timely AF data and information for decision support. CRIS has been designated the Authoritative Data Source (ADS) for the AF for all appropriated funds.
LOCATION: Wright-Patterson AFB (Dayton, OH)
JOB STATUS: Full-time
TRAVEL: Less than 10%
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
The successful candidate shall possess the advanced knowledge, experience, and recognized ability to be considered an expert in their technical/professional field, can perform tasks, and oversee the efforts of junior and mid-level personnel within the technical/professional discipline. Will demonstrate advanced knowledge of their technical/professional field and possess a comprehensive understanding and ability to apply associated standards, procedures, and practices in their area of expertise.
- Extensive knowledge and proficiency with the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Expert knowledge and proficiency with Cybersecurity best practices
- Expert knowledge and understanding of Federal and DoD Cybersecurity regulations and policies
- General working knowledge of DoD Acquisition policy, specifically DoDI 5000.75
- Experience with the implementation of new IT/Business System technologies including but not limited to Cloud Infrastructure and Enterprise Resource and Planning (ERP) systems
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Secret (Required) and U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants
- Advanced Degree (MA/MS) in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other Engineering Discipline and 12 years of experience, 5 of which must be in the DoD, or
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other Engineering Discipline and 15 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 5 of which must be in the DoD or,
- 20 years of directly related experience with proper certifications, 8 of which must be in the DoD.
- At a minimum, the successful candidate will meet the requirements for and maintain an IAM Level III Cybersecurity certification by possessing at least one of the following certifications as directed by DoD 8140 and outlined in DoD 8570.01 -M, Appendix3, Table 2,2 AFMAN 17-1303:
- ISACA CISM
- (ISC)2 CISSP
- GIAC GSLC
- EC Council CCISO
- Certified SCRUM Master -Desired
- Other Agile Certifications – Desired
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Level III (Senior)
The following skills are highly desirable but not required for this position:
- Working knowledge of the Agile Development methodology
- Experience using any, or all, of the following tools (Desired):
The primary function of the Cybersecurity Engineer will be to develop and implement advanced cyber defense solutions and changes for organizations to safeguard the corporate infrastructure from infiltrations or exfiltration and ensure that the system is built to specification and is deployed successfully. Designs, maintain and operates highly complex and high secure communications network environments. Performs in-depth network security analysis and conducts preliminary incident response, event analysis, and threat intelligence. Reviews security events that could be detriment to the organization’s overall security stance.
The successful candidate will perform work that applies a broad theoretical and practical knowledge of Cybersecurity. The functions required to be completed by individuals in this specialty may include:
- Supporting the system/application authorization and accreditation (A&A) effort, including assessing and guiding the quality and completeness of A&A activities, tasks, and resulting artifacts mandated by governing DoD and AF policies (i.e., Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Recommending policies and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks, and data
- Conducting risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs
- Promoting awareness of security issues among management and ensuring sound security principles are reflected in organizations’ visions and goals
- Conducting systems security evaluations, audits, and reviews
- Recommending systems security contingency plans and disaster recovery procedures
- Recommending and implementing programs to ensure that systems, network, and data users are aware of, understand, and adhere to systems security policies and procedures
- Participating in network and systems design to ensure the implementation of appropriate systems security policies
- Facilitating the gathering, analysis, and preservation of evidence used in the prosecution of computer crimes
- Assessing security events to determine impact and implementing corrective actions
- Ensuring the rigorous application of information security/cybersecurity policies, principles, and practices in delivering all IT services.
- Perform the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) duties outlined in DoDI 8510.01 for assigned systems/applications.
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective, and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, Federal Aviation Administration, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and other Federal Agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates, and retains the most talented, skilled, and dedicated people in the industry, where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based on any legally protected characteristic, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or based on physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to perform the job available satisfactorily.