REQ #: 12678 | Eglin AFB, FL
Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a SE-4 Cybersecurity Test Engineer – Process and Policy TGCA located at Eglin AFB, FL.
Our cybersecurity test team is searching for new members that can help us conduct system security analysis on systems and software to understand and identify vulnerabilities. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment and learning new technology areas, this is the place for you. We provide several learning opportunities, from on-the-job training with other team members to formal courses for unique technology areas.
We are looking for people that can bring a strong foundation in one of the listed areas and are motivated to learn the others. Position responsibilities can span program management to cybersecurity testing.
This position supports the 47th Cyberspace Test Squadron at Eglin AFB, FL, and the DoD Cybersecurity community in improving planning and conducting Cybersecurity Developmental and Operational Test & Evaluation for major DoD programs.
This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus.
JOB STATUS: Full Time
TRAVEL: 35% CONUS / OCONUS TDYs
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Active Secret clearance and must be able to obtain/maintain a Top Secret clearance , and U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants
EDUCATION: Master’s Degree in an applicable technical discipline – years of experience may be substituted for a degree.
CERTIFICATIONS: Must obtain DOD 8570 IAT Level 3 certification (CASP, CISSP, etc.) within 6 months of hire and maintain certification throughout employment.
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: 10+ years
- US Citizenship required.
- Active SECRET clearance and obtain and maintain a Top Secret – (Single Scope Background Investigation).
- Knowledge in planning and conducting cyber testing.
- Experience conducting Mission Based Cyber Risk Assessments (MBCRAs).
- Significant understanding of the DoD Cybersecurity T&E Guidebook (six phases).
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good organization, decision-making, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent self-initiative and self-motivation with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively in small and large team settings to solve complex problems.
- Travel up to 15-20 weeks per year, potentially to worldwide sites.
- Must obtain DOD 8570 IAT Level 3 certification (CASP, CISSP, etc.) within 6 months of hire and maintain certification throughout employment.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Working knowledge of the following: Linux, Windows, VMware, OSI Model, Network traffic collection and analysis, enterprise network architecture, communication equipment and technologies, routers, mail and web servers, Intrusion Detection & Prevention Systems, firewalls, anti-virus tools, and network traffic generation.
- Software Test automation experience.
- Programming or scripting skillset
- Understanding of AFIN & DODIN architecture.
- Agile development experience and testing.
- Active DOD Top Secret clearance
Accomplish reoccurring Mission Based Cyber Risk Assessments (MBCRAs) and help test teams develop and document cyber (cybersecurity and cyber resiliency) test strategies and Cooperative Vulnerability Investigation (CVI), Adversarial Cybersecurity Development Test & Evaluation (ACD), Cooperative Vulnerability and Penetration Assessment (CVPA), and Adversarial Assessment (AA) test methodologies based on ongoing system cyber vulnerability assessments. Develop Air Force guidance on the acquisition and cyber test of Air Force systems. Support acquisition programs in the implementation of cyber test activities. This includes:
- Develop program cybersecurity test strategies to execute cybersecurity and cyber resiliency tests for Air Force Systems and work with other DoD Services to document best practices and lessons learned.
- Develop and document a standard, repeatable process for conducting MBCRAs and CVIs, ACDs, CVPAs, and AAs.
- Support the development of cyber test and evaluation procedures for aircraft, weapons, C4ISR, and IT systems.
- Document the system information requirements and work products needed by the Development Test & Evaluation (DT&E) and Operational Test & Evaluation (OT&E) communities to plan, execute and report on systems’ cyber test objectives.
- Provide requirements usable by programs to incorporate in statements of work, system technical requirements documents, Test and Evaluation Master Plans, DT&E and OT&E Entrance and Exit criteria, and other documents.
- Assist with developing and documenting Air Force guidance and informing DoD guidance updates.
- Document recommendations for incorporating DT&E/OT&E cybersecurity deficiency reporting and watch items into standard DT&E/OT&E processes.
- Facilitate program MBCRAs.
- Assist with CVI, ACD, CVPA, and AA planning, execution, and reporting to achieve the above objectives, provide expertise and lessons learned, and apply process knowledge for systems under test.
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective, and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, Federal Aviation Administration, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and other Federal Agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates, and retains the most talented, skilled, and dedicated people in the industry, where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based on any legally protected characteristic, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or based on physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to perform the job available satisfactorily.