REQ #: 12785 | Hanscom AFB, MA
Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Data Links and Communications Engineer to provide senior-level strategic data link and communication cross-cutting advice and assistance to the C3I&N Directorate through the Advanced Projects Division, Advanced Technologies Program Office supporting various cutting-edge technology programs.
JOB STATUS: Full-Time
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Top Secret
EDUCATION: MS or BS in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or other similar engineering disciplines.
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: 12-15 years of experience, with 5-8 years within the DoD
- Familiarity with Tactical Platform Open Mission Systems (OMS) Architectures, HW/SW processing environments, and limits of current OMS. Contributes to CCWG/OCS/Government Ref Architecture
- Familiarity with Enterprise communications activities (e.g., DARPA DyNAMO/Comat Cloud). Contributes to IERs, CCWG/OCS, Platform GIG Integration requirements
- Familiarity with Beyond Line of Sight (BLOS) Waveforms, specifically AEHF/WGS, but also aware of PTW and Civil waveforms like Iridium/Inmarsat. Must understand network characteristics, how the links work, what ground infrastructure is needed to support (e.g., DISA) and contribute to OCS, BLOS requirements
- Ability to support agile communications initiatives and activities
- Ability to provide engineering support for interoperability testing weapon configurations with Threshold and Objective launch platforms/controllers and ground Joint Terminal Attack Controllers over ultra-high frequency (UHF) CNR and Link 16 communications
- Ability to support the development, documentation, and presentation of a Joint Concept of Employment (CONEMP)
- Familiarity with the development of a joint approach whereby Communications Security (COMSEC) cryptologic data can be passed from its source to weapons and controllers
- Familiarity with the development and documentation of Joint Service approaches for integrating weapons into existing tactical data link (TDL) environments that support effective weapon capability across a broad range of warfare intensity and force architectures
- Knowledge of defense acquisition policies outlined in DODI 5000.02
- Ability to assimilate information quickly, communicate effectively, and remain organized to monitor progress toward the accomplishment of various taskings and initiatives
- Work proactively with minimal supervision and effectively communicate orally and in writing, providing quality acquisition and program documentation (briefings, documents, plans, etc.)
- Superior competency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Provide knowledge and experience in the development, integration, testing, and deployment of Air Force systems and their associated data links to include the definition of data link interoperability, interfaces and verification, and test assessment requirements
- Provide resources with knowledge and experience in Developmental and Operational Test and Evaluation at the sub-system and system level
- Advise and assist the staff engineers, Integrated Product Team (IPT) members, Program Managers, and joint combined test team customers on performance, schedule, and cost issues concerning planning, communications, and control
- Provide senior-level staff, including Senior Materiel Leads (SML) and Program Executive Officer (PEO), with advice and assistance concerning cross-cutting initiatives across all Directorate and data link communications-related programs.
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective, and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, Federal Aviation Administration, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and other Federal Agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates, and retains the most talented, skilled, and dedicated people in the industry, where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based on any legally protected characteristic, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or based on physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to perform the job available satisfactorily.