REQ #: 13187 | Kennedy Space Center, FL
Oasis has an exciting opportunity for a Laboratory Engineering Specialist at the Kennedy Space Center in Merritt Island, FL. This full-time represented position provides detailed instructions for Precision Cleaning Mechanics to decontaminate, clean, refurbish, and test components and systems submitted to the Component Refurbishment Department. Work will be performed onsite at the Kennedy Space Center.
LOCATION: Kennedy Space Center in Merritt Island, FL
JOB STATUS: Full-Time
- High School diploma or General Equivalence Diploma (GED) and a minimum of two years of college-level engineering or scientific study.
- Recommended two or more years of experience in precision cleaning of aerospace fluid systems or components.
- Extensive knowledge in mechanical and electro-mechanical fluid component assembly and disassembly; pneumatic, hydrostatic, hydraulic, cryogenic, and electrical testing of components.
- Previous experience working from drawings and procedures and using cleanroom tools/equipment/measuring and testing instruments.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: none (U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants)
EDUCATION: High School diploma and two or more years of college-level engineering or scientific study.
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: 0 years experience with completed education requirements or 4 years relevant experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree. Recommended two or more years of experience in precision cleaning & refurbishment of fluid systems or components.
- Must be able to pass the following KSC-provided physicals:
- Confined Space
- Working at heights
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to work in a clean room environment, enclosed areas, and heights up to 500 feet
- Able to follow written and oral instructions
- Able to withstand the stress of repetitive tasks and the pressure of critical deadlines
- Must be able to read, comprehend, and follow prescribed procedures
- Computer literate
- Receive, review, and provide detailed instructions to accomplish contractor cleaning, refurbishment, and decontamination requests.
- Prepare intermediate and depot maintenance manuals and technical operating procedures for processing and testing components and systems.
- Generate work order authorizations for specific tasks or special projects that are considered unique.
- Interface directly with contractors and government personnel when required. Consult and advise customers on matters pertaining to precision cleaning, testing requirements, techniques, and capabilities.
- Disposition discrepancies related to the processing or testing items that do not require specification changes.
- Assist in the procurement of parts required for the refurbishment of components.
- Assure engineering instructions conform to safety, environmental, and quality standards, as applicable.
- Perform tasks and other related duties as directed by supervision.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefits packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) and a federally recognized holiday schedule.
- Access to Kennedy Space Center on-site services, including the Child Development Center, Fitness Center, Barbershop, NASA Exchanges, Credit Union, and Kennedy Athletic, Recreation & Social (KARS) parks.
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective, and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, Federal Aviation Administration, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and other Federal Agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates, and retains the most talented, skilled, and dedicated people in the industry, where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based on any legally protected characteristic, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or based on physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to perform the job available satisfactorily.