REQ #: 16250 | Redstone Arsenal neighboring Huntsville, AL
Oasis has an exciting opportunity for a Machinist Engineering Technician at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, AL. This position will be supporting the U.S. Army Development Command (DEVCOM) Aviation and Missile Center (AvMC) Technology Development Directorate (TDD) Propulsion Engineering Division (MPM) located in Redstone Arsenal, AL, neighboring Huntsville, AL. The ERC Machinist Engineering Technician will become a highly specialized team member in the Propulsion Engineering Division, supporting the test and evaluation of solid rocket motors, warheads, arm-fire devices, fuzes, and related ordnance components of U.S. Army missile systems.
JOB STATUS: Full Time, Hourly
TRAVEL: Although not currently anticipated, travel could be required up to 10% of the time, as the mission dictates.
- HS Diploma Required.
- Experience in machine tooling, production processes, and best engineering practices in RDTE/prototype hardware fabrication.
- Must be able to set up, install, and operate machine tool equipment (band saws, lathes, drill presses, milling machines, surface grinders, etc.) for fabrication operations.
- Ability to program and operate Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) machine tool stations.
- Must be able to read drawings/blueprints, with knowledge of dimensioning/tolerancing.
- Operational skills with Industrial Material Handling Equipment (MHE), including forklifts, 2.5-ton trucks, commercial vehicles, and hydraulic lifting equipment.
- Possess basic Personal Computer (PC) skills. Capable of understanding Graphical User Interface (GUI) driven test machines, composing test reports, and plotting test results in commercial software packages.
- Must obtain appropriate certifications for Ammunition and Explosives (A&E) Handler/Transporter, respirator certification, forklift certification, and Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with HAZMAT endorsement.
- Suitable to meet Command Oriented Arms, Ammunition, and Explosives (AA&E) Security Screening and Evaluation requirements, per Army Regulation 190-11; Physical Security of Arms, Ammunition, and Explosives.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET Security Clearance.
- With proper training, oversight, and safety measures, must be able to work with and around hazardous propellant/explosive/energetic materials.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time if required.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: SECRET (U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants)
EDUCATION: HS Diploma
CERTIFICATIONS: See desired qualifications below
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: HS Diploma and experience in machine tooling, production processes, and best engineering practices in RDTE/prototype hardware fabrication. An Associate’s Degree with 4+ years of experience is highly preferred. Journeyman Machinist qualification or MILITARY DUTY and experience with ammunition or ordnance devices is a plus.
- Previous education, experience, and manual machine tool operation training are desired.
- An Associates Degree with 4+ years’ experience or 6+ years’ experience is highly preferred.
- Journeyman Machinist qualification or MILITARY DUTY and experience with ammunition or ordnance devices is a plus.
- Perform operations involving explosives and hazardous chemicals while using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided.
- Perform machining tasks on various materials, including metal components, polymeric materials, solid propellants, and explosives.
- Typical duties will include missile disassembly and component dissection operations to remove bulk propellant and explosives samples for physical and chemical testing.
- Before physically testing propellants, perform precision weight and dimensional measurements of test specimens using dial calipers and analytical balances.
- Perform equipment installation, calibration, and establishment of operational procedures for electro-mechanical or servo-hydraulic test equipment.
- Operate chemical propulsion industry standard equipment such as conditioning chambers, ovens, vacuum pumps, process control instrumentation, viscometers, computer data acquisition equipment, and electro-mechanical/servo-hydraulic test systems.
- For testing and evaluation, assemble various explosive items, such as propellant test articles, igniters, rocket motors, and warheads.
- Perform handling, transportation, packaging, and properly storing class 1.1/1.3 explosive materials and hazardous chemicals.
- Properly dispose of hazardous waste generated during machining or testing. Ensure environmental, health, and safety focus is maintained in Ammunition and Explosives operations.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefits packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with a federally recognized holiday schedule.
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective, and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, Federal Aviation Administration, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and other Federal Agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates, and retains the most talented, skilled, and dedicated people in the industry, where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based on any legally protected characteristic, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or based on physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to perform the job available satisfactorily.