REQ #: 17609 | Kwajalein, Marshall Island
Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Ship Captain to supervise the safe operation and maintenance of the U.S. Army Vessel (USAV) WORTHY.
LOCATION: Kwajalein, Marshall Islands
JOB STATUS: Full-Time Living on the Island
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Required to pass a Federal Background Investigation to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
EDUCATION: Graduate of a state or federal maritime academy as a deck officer or U.S. Naval or Coast Guard Academy. A High School diploma and 5 years of experience as a licensed Master/Mate aboard comparable or larger vessels may be substituted for the formal education requirement.
CERTIFICATIONS: Shall hold a U.S. Coast Guard open ocean license as master of inspected motor vessels of not less than 1600 gross registered tons.
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Seven (7) years’ combined experience as a Master/Mate, of which 3 years must be as master.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
• Seven (7) years’ combined experience as a Master/Mate.
• U.S. Coast Guard open ocean license as master of inspected motor vessels of not less than 1600 gross registered tons with applicable STCW endorsements for international waters.
• Valid RADAR Observer, GMDSS Radio Operator, and STCW endorsements are required.
• Knowledge of common safety practices and protective equipment used on an ocean-going
• Possess a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
• Required to pass a Federal Background Investigation and obtain a DoD Secret security
• Ability to obtain a U.S. Passport.
• Ability to pass a post-offer drug screen and physical/medical clearance.
• Supervises a crew of eleven.
• Aids in the training and development of crew members.
• Supervises mate watchstanders.
• Oversees the chief engineer in executing the USAV Worthy maintenance program
• Ensures the vessel maintains ABS Load‐line and U.S. Army standards.
• Remains on standby/recall status to the vessel during dockside periods, as needed.
• Participates in the vessels off-site OCCM (On‐Condition Cyclic Maintenance) Dry‐docking
on a three-year basis
• Safe navigation of the ship
• The safety and security of the ship and embarked personnel
• Bridge operations
• Conducting on‐the‐job training of personnel, as may be required.
• Ensures logbooks are maintained and accurately completed.
• Enforcing safety regulations, guidelines, policies and procedures.
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective, and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, Federal Aviation Administration, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and other Federal Agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates, and retains the most talented, skilled, and dedicated people in the industry, where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based on any legally protected characteristic, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or based on physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to perform the job available satisfactorily.