REQ #: 16786 | Eglin AFB, FL
Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer/Developer to join our SEMATS3 contract team at Eglin AFB, FL.
JOB STATUS: Full-Time
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
- 7 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or other applicable technical discipline; OR 5 years of relevant experience with a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or other applicable technical discipline; OR 3 years of relevant experience with a Doctorate
- Able to develop code in C# and C++ on Windows desktop environments
- Knowledge of Domain Driven Design
- Knowledge of .NET Framework, .NET Standard and .NET Core is critical
- Familiar with Visual Studio and Azure DevOps
- Familiar with unit testing frameworks
- Familiarity with WiX Toolset SDK and InstallShield for building install packages
- Has worked or has familiarity with disciplined software development processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Security Clearance (or ability to obtain one)
- US Citizenship is required for all applicants
- Security Clearance (or ability to obtain one)
- U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or other applicable technical discipline
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Experienced (Non-Manager)
- 5+ years of relevant development in Mission Planning for the US Air Force or Navy
- Familiarity with Domain Driven Design concepts
- Familiarity with React and/or Web based GUI design
- Familiarity with micro services
- Familiar with Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (i.e., Microsoft Entity Framework, Dapper, NHibernate, etc.)
- Familiar with NUnit/XUnit/MSTest unit test frameworks
- Desire to work in a DoD environment with the latest aircraft and weapons.
The Software Engineer/Developer will support the Air Force SEEK EAGLE Office.
The Developer will be responsible for analysis, design, development, documentation, and maintenance of Mission Planning software products and tools, potentially including:
- Common Advanced Safe Escape Software (CASES) which supports analysis and mission planning efforts to ensure safety of flight for USAF legacy aircraft deliveries.
- Joint Safe Escape Analysis Software (JSEAS) which supports USAF, USN, and UK MOD analysis and mission planning efforts to ensure safety of flight for F-35 deliveries.
- Combat Weapon Delivery Software (CWDS) application, which supports USAF and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) warfighter mission planning needs and has done so for over 25 years.
- This position offers the Developer an opportunity to be part of the creative force generating next generation weapon delivery and analysis software for USAF and FMS warfighters.
- The ideal candidate will be a strong team player, be an innovative designer, possess excellent communication skills, and work collaboratively in an Agile software development environment.
- Collaborates with other software developers to analyze, estimate, design and implement features and user stories
- Participates in iteration planning meetings with testers and Subject Matter Experts (SME), daily stand ups, and technical coordination meetings for reporting issues, planning, and providing status
- Works with SMEs and project management in analyzing new functional requirements while providing feasibility assessments and level of effort
- Follows team’s software development process and procedures
- Peer reviews fellow software developer’s code and documentation to ensure it meets team’s quality standards and best practices
- Works hand-in-hand with software architectural owners to ensure all development meets architectural vision and system designs
- Works with technical lead and senior developers in deriving technical requirements from functional requirements
- Contributes to technical design documentation and maintenance of the software
- Other duties when needed upon request from management
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefits packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with a federally recognized holiday schedule.
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective, and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, Federal Aviation Administration, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and other Federal Agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates, and retains the most talented, skilled, and dedicated people in the industry, where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based on any legally protected characteristic, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or based on physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to perform the job available satisfactorily.