REQ #: 12849 | San Antonio, TX – Lackland AFB
Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for an SE-3 Software Test Engineer located at Lackland AFB, TX. This position provides support to the 47th Cyberspace Test Squadron.
Our cybersecurity test team is searching for new members that can help us conduct system security analysis on systems and/or software to understand and identify vulnerabilities. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment, learning new technology areas, this is the place for you. We provide a number of opportunities to learn ranging from on-the-job training with other team members to formal courses for unique technology areas.
We realize that no one will have all of these qualifications. We are looking for people that can bring a strong foundation in one of the listed areas and are motivated to learn the others. Position responsibilities can span from compliance testing to penetration testing, depending on skillset.
JOB STATUS: Full-Time
TRAVEL: 25% CONUS/OCONUS TDYs
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
SECURITY CLEARANCE:Requires an active and fully adjudicated TS security clearance and U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a technical discipline
CERTIFICATIONS: Must obtain ISTQB CTFL certification within 6 months of hire
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: 3-10 Years
- US. Citizenship is required.
- Must possess an active Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Ability to interface with contractors developing the system under test (SUT) regarding test objectives, schedules, budgets, and methods of test.
- Must obtain the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) Certified Tester Foundational Level (CTFL) certification within 6 months of hire.
- Must obtain the ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level-Test Analyst (CTAL-TA) certification within 2 years of hire.
- Must have good writing/oral presentation skills.
- Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Five years of intensive and progressive experience in a computer-related field.
- Minimum of one year software testing for software / hardware applications or systems is required.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of the following: Linux, Windows, VMware, OSI Model, Network traffic collection and analysis, enterprise network architecture, communication equipment and technologies, routers, mail and web servers, Intrusion Detection & Prevention Systems, firewalls, anti-virus tools, and network traffic generation.
- Software Test automation experience.
- Programming or scripting skillset
- Understanding of AFIN & DODIN architecture.
- Prepare Developmental Test & Evaluation (DT&E) plans, test cases, and report according to established test methodologies and procedures.
- Perform functional testing at the system, interoperability, and integration test levels on various systems and networks under the direction of a Senior Test Engineer.
- Participate in all phases of software and hardware development to include requirements development, risk assessments, and acceptance criteria development.
- Coordinate with customers, test engineers and range engineers to ensure the test infrastructure meet desired test objectives and data collection requirements.
- Actively communicate throughout the acquisition process in order to influence development of a testable capability or product.
- Perform as a technology subject matter expert and provide advice to customers.
- Compile and analyze test results data to determine conformity of the product or capability to the requirements.
- Document change requests/deficiencies of the product or capability as a result of test data analysis.
- Actively participate cooperatively in Agile team planning and test execution
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective, and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, Federal Aviation Administration, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and other Federal Agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates, and retains the most talented, skilled, and dedicated people in the industry, where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based on any legally protected characteristic, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or based on physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to perform the job available satisfactorily.