REQ #: 13053 | San Antonio, TX
Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineer at the USAF Cryptologic and Cyber Systems Division in San Antonio, TX. This position provides systems engineering services to the Air Force’s Space Modular Common Cryptography (SMCC) program office. SMCC is an initiative to modernize the performance and security of satellite command and control and data links.
JOB STATUS: Full time
TRAVEL: Occasional CONUS travel
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Secret needed with an ability to qualify for TS
U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE LEVEL: M.S./M.A. in a relevant engineering or science discipline with 12 years experience, of which 5 years’ must be in DoD, or B.S./B.A. in a relevant engineering or science discipline with 15 years experience, of which 5 years must be in the DoD or in place of degree 20 years relevant experience, of which 8 years must be in the DoD.
CERTIFICATIONS: Relevant certification (examples: DAU/DAWIA, INCOSE, etc.) desired
- DoD system development experience required
- Apply broad theoretical and practical engineering knowledge to the SMCC acquisition process.
- Conduct reviews on SMCC to evaluate and recommend alternative plans, improve systems engineering programs/processes, manage/sustain technical program baseline, and design/perform system-level tests to assure that approved specifications achieve subsystems and system performance.
- Perform program reviews to evaluate alternative proposed plans, systems engineering programs, design, and test results to ensure program specifications achieve that subsystem and system performance.
- Prepare technical documents which define, specify, and recommend system/subsystem characteristics.
- Prepare reports and conduct technical presentations for planning, implementation, and corrective action using the application of engineering economy principles.
- Perform validation of systems, including the development of criteria and procedures.
- Analyze and evaluate results of major engineering systems.
- Provide system/program engineering, technical support, and technical training to support programs/initiatives, including but not limited to: acquisition, development, integration, sustainment, continued evolution, deployment/fielding and installation, and operations oversight.
- Provide engineering support services and inputs to program and project risk management activities in compliance with AF SEAM processes
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective, and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, Federal Aviation Administration, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and other Federal Agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates, and retains the most talented, skilled, and dedicated people in the industry, where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based on any legally protected characteristic, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or based on physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to perform the job available satisfactorily.