REQ #: 12797 | WASHINGTON, DC
Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Strategic Planner located at the Federal Aviation Administration in Washington, DC. Oasis Systems has worked extensively with the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration where it has earned a reputation for on-time delivery of high-quality products tailored to the special needs of its clients. We also work with aviation organizations around the world and provide management consulting services to other public and private entities.
LOCATION: Washington, DC
JOB STATUS: Full-time
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Ability to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Arts/Science degree is required
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: 5 or more years of experience directly related to the position and educational requirements listed required.
- Self-motivated, independent thinker that requires minimal supervision
- Ideal candidate is a customer-service oriented problem solver with the ability to work independently and as part of diverse teams
- Excellent people skills – able to work with teams of varying sizes, technical abilities, and levels of authority with both internal corporate staff and teammates.
- An ability to work with many personality types and style preferences at the same time and help provide a constructive work environment.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, organizational, critical thinking and analysis, meeting facilitation, and interpersonal skills are essential
- Must be flexible in adapting to deadlines and changing priorities, has a pro-active attitude and a disciplined work ethic.
- A demonstrated flexibility of schedule and ability to handle last minute, short turnaround items. This includes an ability to quickly assess a situation or deliverable and then implement the most beneficial changes possible in the available time.
- Thorough, detail oriented, and organized, with excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects at once.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, Visio and Word
- Familiarity with developing strategic communications plans, including: Best practices; Gathering research and feedback; Recommending appropriate channels and communication methods; Executing communications such as drafting and delivering messages; Ability to draft and maintain a communications plan. Basic design work or familiarity with graphic design concepts a plus.
- Serve as a liaison between the customer, the manager, and the PMO to assist with funding issues and customer requests.
- Supports all aspects of program/project management involving planning, developing, organizing, coordinating, and conducting organizational activities to ensure FAA operational policies, processes, and program elements are integrated and documented.
- Assists in establishing standard communications processes.
- Edits professional documents in conformance with set style guides and industry best practices.
- Writes and/or reviews all documented communications for the Service Unit including, but not limited to, briefings, memorandums, congressional correspondences, meeting summaries, status reports, FOIAs, Orders, Directives, Letters, presentations, briefings, and talking points.
- Determines the suitability of content material for target audiences.
- Participates in projects from the planning stage, provides relevant materials, and edits, organizes, and formats content for clarity, flow, and integrity.
- Develops and analyzes weekly/monthly reports on business-related metrics.
- Builds, maintains, and analyzes schedules. This activity will include generating program/project status and schedule indicators, project schedule trends, critical-path analysis, and schedule optimizations.
- Works with limited supervision as part of the program management team whose core responsibility is to gather, analyze, and report on data collected.
- Provides advisory and analytical support for development of strategies, planning, and implementation activities associated with the execution of fundamental changes.
- Provides support in planning, developing and implementing strategic communications plans and schedules;
- Develops, coordinates, and obtains senior-level management input and approval for planning agendas, logistics, and communication of planning session, and capturing and managing action item status.
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective, and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, Federal Aviation Administration, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and other Federal Agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates and retains the most talented, skilled and dedicated people in the industry; where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations, while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available