REQ #: 16572 | Burlington, MA; Huntsville, AL; or Washington, D.C.
Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Writer to provide support to Capture Managers, Program Managers, and Proposal Managers with developing proposal technical writing support. The Technical Writer is primarily responsible for developing technical inputs to business development, strategic, and proposal activities.
JOB STATUS: Full-Time
TRAVEL: Occasional local travel may be required
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must be eligible to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
EDUCATION: A Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, Technical Writing, or Technology Management or related/ relevant discipline with a minimum of 5 years of related experience or an Associate of Arts Degree in English, Communications, Technical Writing, or Technology Management or related/ relevant discipline with a minimum of 7 years of experience, or ten years of related experience is required. At least three years of experience must be in editing technical documents.
CERTIFICATIONS AND TOOLS: N/A
- A minimum of five years of Technical or correspondence writing for DoD (Air Force, Army, etc.) requirements is required.
- Analytical skills – determine viability of opportunities (drill-down open-source research)
- Ability to apply critical thinking when supporting a Business Development team
- Excellent command of grammar, spelling, and written and oral communications, including the ability to determine the:
We seek a self-motivated, independent thinker who is inquisitive, able to learn quickly, and requires minimal supervision. The Technical Writer will provide technical information support to Capture Managers, Proposal Managers, and Program Managers to develop business development, strategic, and proposal documents (e.g., White Papers, RFIs, proposals). The candidate shall produce clearly written, grammatically correct material and technical writing for assigned documents. The candidate will work with management and staff to understand the product and documentation requirements, produce comprehensive documentation that meets the organization’s standards and is appropriate for its intended audiences, and write easy-to-understand documents.
- The Technical Writer duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Leveraging previously developed content and SME interviews to generate new language for proposal development.
- Independently conducting research and synthesizing into effective reports.
- Combining input from various sources creates an aesthetically pleasing document with a single voice that flows and provides a logical progression through the topic.
- Lead SME’s to their deadlines to obtain the content required.
- Verifying complex technical solutions, strategies, and themes are easily understandable, readable, and compelling.
- Ability to deliver high-quality documentation, paying particular attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in varying formats, such as text, graphs, and pictures.
- Expert knowledge of the English language, including grammar and usage.
- Excellent editorial and writing skills.
- Complete assignments accurately, thoroughly, and within established timelines.
- Plan and use assigned resources appropriately to accomplish tasks; must be able to work on many different projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Utilize databases and websites to gather data on related topics; to communicate trends, concerns, and recommendations within technical documents.
- Proficient in writing proposals and responses to DoD/Federal Task Orders, RFPs, RFQs, RFIs, and Sources Sought.
- Knowledgeable of information technology trends, support, services, and certifications.
- Able to integrate knowledge from internet research, SMEs, and relevant company past performance.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to verbally convey technical concepts in clear, concise, and understandable terms is also required.
- Able to apply advanced concepts and strategies when writing and editing.
- Able to produce high-quality work under tight and sometimes shifting deadlines.
- Must have a disciplined work ethic and the ability to prioritize and juggle projects.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must enjoy working collaboratively within a small team of communications professionals.
- Proficient in using the MS Office Suite (Word professional documentation styles, features, and production, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have strong oral communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective, and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, Federal Aviation Administration, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and other Federal Agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates, and retains the most talented, skilled, and dedicated people in the industry, where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based on any legally protected characteristic, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or based on physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to perform the job available satisfactorily.